NYC Bedsore Lawyers Helping Victims Recover Compensation
Bedsores, also known as pressure ulcers, are injuries to the skin that typically occur when someone has been in the same position without moving for an extended period of time. Bedsores are especially common for patients in hospital beds who are unable to move on their own and rely on a nurse or attendant to help them move into a different position to relieve pressure on their skin. If you believe you have bedsores because of nursing home or in-home care neglect, it is highly advisable to speak with a New York City bedsore attorney right away, as you may be entitled to significant compensation.
How to Identify Bedsores
Most people are able to self-diagnose the presence of bedsores. Some of the signs that you might be experiencing this painful injury include:
- Swelling in the irritated area
- Areas of the skin that are tender to the touch
- Discoloration and redness
- Skin that feels hot
- A visible open sore
If you believe that you or someone you care for has bedsores, it is important to get the help you need. Contact an NYC bedsores lawyer to learn more about your legal rights.
Why Bedsores Are Dangerous
Not only are bedsores painful, but they are dangerous as well. Although they range in degrees of severity, many bedsores indicate more than surface-level damage to the skin. Some of the dangers that accompany bedsores include:
- Indication of neglect – One of the most devastating aspects of bedsores is that they are often caused by neglect. This is a sign that someone who should have been taking care of their patient didn’t take the time to make sure they were being treated properly.
- Serious infection – When bedsores present with an open wound, one of the most dangerous aspects of this injury is the risk of serious infection. A person who is already unable to move or has limited mobility is especially vulnerable when it comes to infection as their body is already dealing with other medical issues.
- Slow to heal – Bedsores are notoriously slow to heal, even for those people who are relatively healthy to start. Sitting with a serious pressure ulcer makes it difficult to recover since, in order to do so, it is important to keep pressure off this part of the skin.
Bedsores can lead to long term medical complications. If you are dealing with this painful injury, contact an NYC bedsore attorney who can help you understand your rights.
Call an Experienced NYC Bedsore Lawyer Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one believes they have bedsores, it is important to speak with a skilled attorney who can help to explain your legal options. No one should suffer due to nursing home neglect and your rights matter. At Sinel & Olesen, PLLC, our team is dedicated to helping those who have experienced neglect that led to serious injuries, like bedsores. Call us today at (844) 512-4098 to schedule a free initial consultation and to learn about how we can help you recover compensation for your injuries.